Built by J & G Thompson, Clydebank in 1896 for the LSWR's Channel Islands - France service, Victoria was similar in appearance to the Thomson built Alma and Columbia introduced two years previously although, at 220 feet LoA and 709 gross registered tons, somewhat smaller. Two three cylinder triple expansion engines driving twin screws gave her a top speed of 16.5 knots.
In 1906 Victoria was transferred to Plymouth where she acted as a tender to the many ocean liners who called at this port to allow passengers in a hurry to disembark and finish their journey to London by train thus shortening their voyage by one or two days.
In 1912 Victoria was sold, like her consort Lydia, to James Dredging, Towage and Transport Co., Southampton for use as an accommodation ship. Resold to the Greek Patriotic Steam Navigation Co., Piraeus in 1927 she was used, like so many other former railway steamers, as an inter-island ferry in the Aegean until being scrapped in 1937.